Sunday, April 8, 2007

I am officially tapped in!

Well everyone, I finally went on Tapped In and took and online course. I expected it to be very boring and sterile, but it was very personable and informative. I took the Tapped In Tricks and Tips session and it really helped me get a handle on how to use the site. I am now able to look at other buildings and join other groups. The world is suddenly clearer. Also, I found it really neat how this site encompasses that "Global Community," my instructor was typing all the way in New South Wales, Australia at 6:00 am on a Monday. That just blows me away! Plus, the amount of resources for my career that are just sitting there waiting to be used, and people to help me to use them. Just incredible!!! I also really enjoyed how cautious they are with the particular groups that users can join. For example, any of the groups that work with real students are more protected.

I think this will be a great tool for my career. I can't wait to learn how to get my students on here and learn from people around the globe.

Jackie

No comments: